Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Creating layers and texture with Fabric and Lace

 

Even the tiniest flower can spark the imagination.


 This piece was originally designed to be a framed Art Canvas. It will now become part of a nature inspired project  that will take me full circle through the seasons  finishing in February 2016. In it I plan to challenge myself to explore new techniques and processes as I create pages using found objects from nature.
Here is a short slide show illustrating how I created it.





Many thanks
Linda

6 comments:

  1. I must say... I'm thinking how amazing it is for you to plan a project to end in Feb 2016 - wow. I don't even book tickets very far ahead!!!! I will look forward to seeing your progress Linda. Your colors are sure lovely! Very exciting! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am privileged to live in beautiful Cornwall .The Cornish wild violets have just come into bloom and yesterday I saw the first Swallow of the year. Having safely made the long journey back here from Africa their tenacity and determination is an inspiration in itself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely thanks for a great video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric and the twinchies are wonderful! Thank you so much for such inspiring art!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabrics, feathers and imagery Linda! What dedication to plan ahead for 2016 as your possible end date. Amazing! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun - I love to play with fabric and create - you did a beautiful job.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete