Wednesday, May 20, 2015

All Stitched up




This piece is made up from book  and magazine pages , I collaged then together and secured with machine stitching.
The surface colour was added in layers ( I like to use Lumiere paint )

I made focal points by  -

  • Sewing dried flowers into organza pockets
  • Dressing the bird image with lace
  • Adding a smattering of micro beads
  • Stamping tags with a selection of bugs
  • Adding a few dried rose buds













Its time to "lose the glue" and get Stitchin.  Many thanks  ... Linda

6 comments:

  1. It is simply a mouth-dropping creation Linda! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors. This gives a whole new meaning to "texture"! It's amazing. j

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love all the stitching. Wonderful way to play!~kim

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thank you for your kind comments ... really appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  5. great project - I love to sew on stuff

    Barb

    ReplyDelete