Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Tag Book

Today I'd like to share a tag book that I've decorated.
I can't remember where I got the book from, it's been in my stash for years.

The finished cover.


This is the book before it was altered.


The inside of the book.


I painted the front and back covers with gesso and glued some lace on them, then I stencilled some circles with crackle paste, I painted the covers with acrylic paint and stamped some white circles and black script.
 This is the front cover.


This is the back.


 I decorated the front by stamping some flowers onto a gelli print, I cut them out and stitched them to some material. I glued it to the front cover and added some dewdrops to the centre of the flowers.


A close up of the flowers.


A close up of the crackle paste circles.



I coloured the pages with acrylic paint and a brayer, then I stamped the flowers and some squares.


I stamped some script with white acrylic paint..


I stamped some flowers in the background and then stamped the main flowers, I also stamped them onto some gelli prints and cut them out, I glued them over the stamped flowers on the pages.

The inside


The backside.


I added the words and quotes, then I covered the pages with matte medium. I added some more colour and shadows with Faber-Castell Pitt Pens.

The inside.


The backside.


Below are some close ups of the pages.
I used Paper/Artsy stamps apart from a couple of quotes, I'm not sure who made them.






 Thank you for looking.


xxx Hazel.

4 comments:

  1. Great inspiration and what a lovely take on the theme Hazel!
    Love all the flowers and quotes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember that book, I think it came free with a magazine a few years ago. Not sure what I did with mine but I know it would never have been as beautiful as this. It's wonderful Hazel what a transformation !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this really is a secret garden! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Hazel, that is gorgeous! Wonderful textures and colours, so many beautiful details to enjoy .Thanks so much for sharing it , Deb xo

    ReplyDelete